Competition (minor and major trade lotteries) standard terms and conditions
- The Competition is conducted by the Northern Territory Government Department of Trade, Business and Innovation located at Level 5 Charles Darwin Centre, 19 Smith Street, The Mall, Darwin, Northern Territory, 0800 (the Promoter).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. An entry which is indecipherable, illegible or non-compliant with these terms and conditions is invalid and will not be accepted or considered. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and cannot be contested.
- By entering this Competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and you give your consent to the Promoter to collect, use and store your entry information, including personal information, for the purpose of contacting you about the Competition and for promotional and other marketing materials.
- The prize winner will be notified, either by email or telephone, on how the prize is to be delivered or collected.
- The winner’s name will be published on the Promoter’s Facebook page and the winner may be asked to participate in any publicity regarding the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the lottery in the event of any entrant not claiming any prize. If any prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct another draw. Prize winners will be given 10 working days from the date of the draw to claim the prize via reply to notification email, failing which a redraw of the lottery will then be considered.
- It will be the winner’s responsibility to redeem the prize from the Promoter. If the winner fails to redeem the prize from the Promoter within 30 days the prize will be forfeited. The prize winner agrees that the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure to deliver a prize, or failure by the Promoter to meet any of its obligations in these conditions of entry or otherwise.
- If the winner chooses not to accept the prize or it is forfeited the Promoter may in its discretion elect to redraw the lottery.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant, or
- subject to any written directions from a regulatory (or other appropriate) authority to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and is non-redeemable for cash.
- The prize may not be sold, or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, by the original recipient. If the prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the prize may be withdrawn or returned to the Promoter.
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including but not limited to:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control)
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference
- any entry, prize, or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions
- any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by a winner or entrant, and
- use of the prize.
- Employees, and their immediate family members, of the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation are not eligible to enter the competition or win any prizes.
Last updated: 28 October 2020
Share this page: