International trade and investment focus during Arafura Games
A targeted program of events will showcase the Territory’s unique international trade and investment opportunities to key audiences and will run in parallel with the Arafura Games.
The Business Engagement Program will run alongside the Games from Monday 29 April to Saturday 4 May 2019.
It will encourage international and national investment in the Territory by developing and strengthening trade and investment relationships with our neighbours across the Asia Pacific region.
Led by the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation, in collaboration with key Northern Territory Government departments and industry bodies, the Business Engagement Program aims to:
- showcase the Territory’s unique trade history through a History of Trade Exhibition
- promote trade and investment opportunities through business hubs located at Marrara and the Darwin Convention Centre
- support expansion of existing and emerging industries through sector specific forums and site tours
- connect and motivate businesses through industry networking functions and business-to-business introductions.
The program will encourage international trade and investment partners to explore the Territory’s unique trade and investment opportunities.
- a new history of trade exhibition will illustrate the diverse and fascinating history of trade between the Top End of Australia and the Asia-Pacific region
- business hubs located at Marrara and the Darwin Convention Centre in close proximity to Arafura Games sporting events
- tailored program of events delivered for key domestic and international investment partners to highlight opportunities for national and international trade and investment in the Territory.
More information about the program and events open to the public will be advertised in coming weeks.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the Business Engagement Program please contact AG.TradeProgram@nt.gov.au to find out how your business can be involved with an international audience.