Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Defence strategy released
Positioning the Territory to benefit from $20 billion of Australian Defence Force construction projects planned over the next 20-years is a key part of the Northern Territory Government’s Defence and National Security Strategy.
The refreshed strategy was unveiled in Canberra at the 15th Annual ADM Congress to 350 senior-level delegates in February.
Developed in consultation with key stakeholders, the strategy covers six focus areas to enable the Territory to fully capitalise on the once in a generation opportunity from the significant renewal of Australia’s Defence capability.
The six strategic areas of focus in the strategy are:
- Strategic engagement and communication - increase engagement with regional neighbours and generate more opportunities for Territory industry to compete for defence and national security work.
- Business capability - maximise the socioeconomic benefit from Defence in the Territory and support Territory business to win defence work.
- Workforce capacity - grow the use of local industry in the supply chain for Defence and national security projects.
- Defence community - establish the Territory as a posting of choice for Defence and national security personnel.
- Innovation, research and partnership - deliver new specialised research and training activities in the Territory.
- Strategic infrastructure - ensuring infrastructure in the Territory supports ongoing future needs of Defence, including the capability to meet demand.