Applications now open for Smart Energy Grants
Territorians can now access energy-efficient initiatives for their homes through the new $4 million Smart Energy Grants program.
The Smart Energy Grants are being run through a voucher system on a 50-50 co-contribution basis for up to $1,000 to owners of residential or investment properties to undertake energy efficiency measures to their homes.
For approved eligible member of the Northern Territory Pensioner and Carer’s Scheme, the co-contribution required will be 25% (instead of 50%), making it affordable.
All works undertaken with the grant must be either a new renewable energy source, the replacement of a non-energy-efficient fixture with an energy-efficient one, or an electricity management device.
Under the grant’s terms, eligible works are:
- installation of solar PV system
- installation of batteries connected to a solar system
- installation of a solar or energy efficient pool pump
- installation or replacement of a solar hot water system
- energy efficient lighting replacement
- energy efficient air-conditioner replacement (including reverse cycle systems)
- energy Efficient electric heat pump hot water system or pool pumps
- installation of smart meters / energy monitoring devices.