Overseas worker to demonstrate qualifications and experience
If a business is endorsed to access an occupation on the Australian Government’s current list of eligible skilled occupations (the short-term skilled occupation list, medium and long-term strategic skills list or regional occupation list), the overseas worker will needed to demonstrate the same level of qualifications and experience as the standard Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) and Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa programs.
Overseas workers filling any Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement (NT DAMA) occupations that are not on the Australian Government’s short-term skilled occupation list, medium and long-term strategic skills list or regional occupation list must meet the following requirements:
- undergo a skills verification regional area nominated registered training organisation or the Northern Territory Department of Trade, Business and Innovation, and
- meet the skill level as defined in ANZSCO, and
- have at least two years post qualification experience*.
* The two years post qualification experience is in addition to any work experience requirements outlined in ANZSCO as substitution of qualifications.
Overseas workers seeking to be nominated to fill occupations listed in the table below must have at least a relevant Australian qualifications framework (AQF) diploma or equivalent or higher level qualification and at least one year (20 hours plus per week) relevant post qualification experience.
|ANZSCO code||Occupation||ANZSCO skill level|
|423111||Aged or disabled carer||4|
|421111||Child care worker||4|
|421112||Family day care worker||4|
|423312||Nursing support worker||4|
|421114||Out of school hours care worker||4|
|423313||Personal care assistant||4|
Overseas workers seeking to be nominated to fill any other skill level 4 occupations eligible for the NT DAMA must have:
- an AQF Certificate II or equivalent and at least one and a half years (20 hours plus per week) relevant post qualifications experience, or
- at least a relevant AQF Certificate III or equivalent and at least one year (20 hours plus per week) relevant post qualification experience, or
- at least two years (38 hours plus per week) relevant experience.
Last updated: 19 August 2019