Territory space industry 2020
The establishment of the Australian Space Agency in 2018, together with its goal of tripling the size of the domestic space industry to $12 billion, has placed a renewed focus on the development of Australia’s space economy.
Territory space industry 2020 aims to position the Northern Territory to take advantage of this opportunity by:
- growing the Territory’s space industry capabilities
- connecting Territory industry and businesses with the Australian and global space economy
- supporting the Territory economy to become ‘space-enabled’ and benefit from advances in the space sector that will lead to growth, jobs and innovation.
To achieve this vision, Territory space industry 2020 outlines four key focus areas:
- build knowledge, awareness and enthusiasm for the Territory space sector
- support the Territory space project proponents and undertake investment attraction activities
- support Team Australia’s approach to growing the space sector’s contribution to the Australian economy
- increase community engagement with space.
Get a printable version of the Territory space industry 2020
Overview of the space industry and economy.
Key goals of Territory Space Industry 2020.
Demand and supply development
Demand development market opportunities and supply development competitive advantages and gaps.
Key focus areas
Space industry development focus areas over 2019 and 2020.
Accomplishments over 2018 and target achievements for 2019 and 2020.
A list of strategic documents used as a reference for development of the Territory space industry 2020.