Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
What the NT RCB assesses
The Department of Trade, Business and Innovation is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for all Northern Territory (NT) Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) nominations.
The NT RCB assessment undertaken:
- examines whether the nominating employer has a genuine need for a paid employee to work in the position that is under the nominating employer’s direct control
- determines that the position cannot be filled by an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident who is living in the same local area where the nominated position exists
- determines that the terms and conditions of employment for the position will be no less favourable than the terms and conditions that are provided to, or would be provided to, an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident for performing work in the workplace at the same location.
In assessing these criteria the NT RCB will closely examine whether:
- there is a genuine business and a genuine position and hence a genuine need for an employee
- the terms and conditions being offered for the position are at least the same as those being offered to Australian employees within the organisation / business and in other similar organisations / businesses in the region for the type and level of the occupation. In undertaking this assessment the NT RCB will also look at the level of experience and skill for a position and / or the overseas employee’s profile
- there is a direct and genuine employer / employee relationship between the organisation / business and employee
- there is a workforce shortage in that region and / or in the NT
- the NT RCB is the correct RCB to be making an assessment.