Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Both the regional employer nominating the position under Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and the overseas national being nominated must meet a range of eligibility criteria.
For detailed information on the RSMS go to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's (DIBP) website
For an employer to be eligible to nominate a position under RSMS it must:
- be operating an active and lawful business in regional Australia
- have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
- offer a genuine, skilled position in the applicant's field of expertise that is full-time and ongoing for at least two years
Note: the two years employment is calculated from the date of grant of the RSMS permanent residence visa by DIBP to the overseas nominee.
- offer no less than a market rate salary and employment terms and conditions that accord with those provided to Australian citizens and permanent residents in a similar position
- comply with all relevant Australian immigration and workplace relations laws
- nominate a skilled position. The position must be an occupation that is classified at Skill Level 1 to 3 in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
For an overseas national to be sponsored under RSMS under the Direct Entry stream the business must have the skills, qualifications and language requirements required for that visa stream.
The employee must have:
- qualifications and skills relevant to the nominated occupation
- if the employee's qualifications are obtained from outside Australia, where required, a positive skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority is mandatory, for the full list of occupations go to the Legislative Instrument
- competent English (IELTS 6.0 in each band or equivalent).