How to find an Australian worker

If you want Northern Territory (NT) Government endorsement to get overseas workers under the Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement (NT DAMA) you have to show that you have not been able to get suitably qualified and skilled Australian citizens or permanent residents to fill positions.

Local recruitment options

You must provide evidence of your local recruitment efforts over the last six months. There are many ways you can do this. You could:

  • contact a recruitment agency
  • advertise a vacancy in:
    • newspapers
    • professional and trade publications
    • industry associations’ newsletters.
  • advertise on a recruitment website like:
    • CareerOne - if you advertise a vacancy in the NT News or the Centralian Advocate your vacancy will also be published on this site
    • Seek
    • Adzuna
    • Australian JobSearch.
  • work with Job Services Australia, who work with businesses to assess the types of workers required and attempt to match them with trained and work ready job seekers.
  • consider employing an apprentice - if you don’t have enough work for an ongoing or full-time apprenticeship position, group training organisations can organise to share an apprentice with another business. Go to the Australian Apprenticeships website

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 19 November 2018