Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
As part of its strategic economic development agenda, on 7 February 2018 the Northern Territory (NT) Government announced the creation of Team NT, a three-tier approach to strengthening and aligning the promotion of the NT's economic interests nationally and internally.
The first two-tiers of Team NT involve government’s joint engagement and investment missions with industry and business, and engaging the broader business and community sectors as advocates for the NT.
The third tier involves the appointment of the Team NT Executive, comprised of three highly skilled and experienced individuals, with strong ties to the NT:
- former Chief Minister, the Honourable Clare Martin
- former Chief Executive, Paul Tyrrell AO
- leading Territory businessman Dick Guit.
Together the Team NT Executive have 115 years of combined professional experience advocating for the interests of NT business, along with an impressive record of delivering results.
Team NT Executive will continue to work hand in hand with government to pro-actively advocate the NT’s investment, business and lifestyle prospects nationally and internationally; harnessing investment opportunities and ensuring that the NT continues to lead the way in the development of Northern Australia.
Role of Team NT Executive
The Team NT Executive has been charged with bringing new investment to the Territory to create local jobs, drive economic opportunities and boost our population.
The Team NT Executive will provide advice and undertake specific targeted projects to support the NT Government’s strategic interests in:
- economic development
- international engagement, trade and investment
- Northern Australia development, and
- development of priority industry sectors, including oil and gas and manufacturing.
Its immediate priority focus areas are:
- bringing more corporate offices to Darwin
- using existing offshore gas reserves to bring more manufacturing to the NT
- Improving airline connectivity and sea links with Asia and our region, including Eastern Indonesia and Timor Leste.