The Northern Territory (NT) Government is seeking expressions of interest (EOIs) from suitably qualified parties, also know as a proponent, to build and operate a new international-standard water theme park in the Darwin central business district (CBD).
The Darwin water theme park represents an important element in the NT Government’s vision to:
- grow and strengthen the Darwin CBD
- improve the liveability of Darwin by providing a large scale family attraction and event destination
- add to Darwin’s tourism strengths by providing another significant reason for tourists to visit Darwin and stay longer in the Northern Territory
- stimulate and unlock additional investment in the local economy
- create enduring direct and indirect employment opportunities.
A two-stage competitive process has commenced to facilitate the private sector delivery of the project. Stage one is a call for EOIs, which will be followed by a request for detailed proposals stage.
The NT Government encourages qualifying developers, operators and investors to submit proposals for this unique and exciting investment opportunity.
Get the project brochure:
International water theme park opportunity, Darwin - Expression of interest (2.4 mb)
International water theme park opportunity, Darwin - Expression of interest (2.7 mb)
Expressions of interest for the Darwin water theme park have now closed. For general enquiries about the project please email email@example.com