About attending the expo
The Skills, Employment and Careers Expo is ideal for anyone interested in starting, changing, re-skilling or upgrading their career.
Meet face-to-face with leading training providers, higher education institutions, employment agencies, group training companies, employers, service providers and community organisations all on the one day under the one roof.
This expo will suit you if you are a:
- career seeker
- career changer
- job hunter
- senior or middle school student
- parent of senior or middle school students
- vocational education and training or higher education graduate
- mature age or prospective post-graduate student
- career adviser, teacher or community organisation working with a specific client group
- member of the general public.
View the plan your visit to the expo, entry is free.
Top eight reasons to attend
- Meet directly with businesses from your local area, Territory wide and interstate who are actively seeking new recruits.
- Get information on courses / training / apprenticeships and traineeships.
- See and hear about real jobs on offer.
- Speak with industry bodies to find out all about the industry you’re interested in.
- Learn how to upskill yourself to fast track your career.
- Network and establish relationships with employers.
- Discover careers you never knew existed.
- Have-a-go at various trade and skill occupations.
Career advisers, teachers and community organisations
The Skills, Employment and Careers Expo also offers a wealth of information for career advisers, teachers and community organisations working with specific client groups:
- learn about the latest careers, courses and study options available
- hear advice on how to enrol
- opportunity to speak to admissions staff and exhibitors both locally and from interstate
- collect materials to assist your students or clients
- gather information on scholarships.
The preparation handbook will be sent to schools in the lead up to the expos and will be available for other community organisations to be used with specific client groups. These handbooks can be used as part of the personal learning plan.
If you plan on bringing a group to the expos please go to group registrations.
Last updated: 08 May 2019