Aboriginal Economic Development Forum
Save the date
The 9th Aboriginal Economic Development Forum (AEDF) will be held in Darwin on Thursday 7 November and Friday 8 November 2019. An official welcome reception will be held on Wednesday 6 November 2019.
The AEDF provides an opportunity for Aboriginal businesses from across the Northern Territory to showcase their products and services to key stakeholders with a vested interest in progressing Aboriginal economic development.
Building on previous forums, there will be an emphasis on:
- encouraging the sharing of knowledge and experiences
- raising awareness of programs and services available to support Aboriginal businesses, and
- connecting and strengthening relationships between Aboriginal entrepreneurs, private sector, industry, government and non-government organisations.
Held biennially since 2003, the forum is one of Australia’s largest Aboriginal economic development specific events.
The theme of this year’s Forum is ‘Boundless Possible’.
The Territory is a land alive and inspiring; where we don’t just dream of achieving. We thrive on it.
Over thousands of years of uninterrupted culture sees the Aboriginal business sector growing more rapidly than the rest of the economy.
The AEDF attracts over 400 delegates, historically over half of the delegates identify as Aboriginal.
The forum is targeted at Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal stakeholders with an interest in progressing Aboriginal economic development in the Territory:
- Aboriginal Territorians
- land councils and other Aboriginal organisation representatives
- micro and small to medium enterprise owner / operators
- corporate organisation representatives
- industry representatives
- council and shire representatives
- territory, state and Commonwealth government key decision makers.
Registrations for the forum will open in July 2019 and Aboriginal Territorians can submit an expression of interest for support to attend the forum.
A range of sponsorship opportunities are now available. Please contact the event manager for further information:
Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
Phone: 08 8999 7820
Mobile: 0408 859 470
Last updated: 08 March 2019