Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Tourism Advisory Council
The council provides recommendations to the Northern Territory Government to:
- increase regulatory certainty, including clarity of regulatory requirements and agencies’ administrative requirements
- improve the timeliness of government regulatory and administrative processes
- improve the responsiveness of regulators and government agencies
- reduce costs to industry participants, including identifying any unnecessary regulatory or administrative requirements, and
- improve interaction between firms / individuals in the sector and Northern Territory Government agencies.
Tourism Advisory Council members have a broad range of experience and knowledge of the Northern Territory's tourism and hospitality sector.
Trevor Cox is general manager of Tourism Top End.
Stephen Schwer is chief executive officer of Tourism Central Australia.
- Tony Clementson is general manager of Nitmiluk Tours and chair of the Katherine Local Tourism Advisory Committee
- Des Crowe is CEO of the Australian Hotels Association NT
- Kate Foran is manager of Nyinkka Nyunyu Art and Culture Centre and chair of the Tennant Creek Local Tourism Advisory Committee
- Jason Hanna is senior vice president of the Australian Hotels Association NT
- Sheena Matthews is general manager of Value Inn
- Greg Targett is co-owner of Devils Marbles Hotel
- John Tourish is a member of the Business Advisory Council and the East Arnhem Local Tourism Advisory Committee, Walkabout Lodge and Tavern
- Geoff Weeks is on the Tourism NT Board of Commissioners and is the executive general manager, of Halikos Hospitality Pty Ltd.
Last updated: 12 October 2017