Aboriginal Economic Development Field Officer Network
The Aboriginal Economic Development Field Officers Network is an informal network providing a platform and environment to bring together Territory Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people who work directly with Aboriginal communities on economic development activities.
Joining and attending network meetings is free. Up to six meetings will be held in 2019 in both Darwin and Alice Springs with dates selected to complement other Aboriginal economic development scheduled events.
The Department of Trade, Business and Innovation (DTBI) supports the network which provides the opportunity to:
- establish and strengthen professional connections and relationships
- share and improve information on innovative economic development practices and approaches
- increase awareness and knowledge of strategies, policies, initiatives and service delivery activities, which specifically support Aboriginal economic development and effective service delivery
- encourage stakeholders and partners to work collaboratively to drive growth in the Aboriginal economic development sector across the Northern Territory and
- improve the profile and visibility of stakeholders working in the Aboriginal economic development sector.
In between meetings, network participants are encouraged to communicate directly with each other through email and receive updates through the Developing the North LinkedIn page. All participants are encouraged to provide material for sharing to the network.
To join the network please fill in the registration form.
- 8 May 2019: Alice Springs
- 27 May 2019: Darwin
- 25 June 2019: Alice Springs
- 6 August 2019: Darwin
- 10 September 2019: Alice Springs
- 8 October 2019: Darwin
For further information on the Aboriginal Economic Development Field Officers Network contact DTBI’s network project officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8999 6392.
Last updated: 15 April 2019