Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Business Advisory Council
- is responsive
- is an effective point of contact for business
- delivers services that better reflects the expectations of business.
- provides high level strategic and policy advice to the minister on business, economic development and industry issues
- advises the minister about the broad impact of decisions, policies and programs on small and medium businesses
- advises the minister on current and emerging local, national and international issues business issues and trends
- advises the minister on opportunities for initiatives to promote and strengthen business continuity, sustainability, growth, investment, productivity and innovation
- advises the minister on specific areas for business reform, reducing regulations and red tape, particularly those impacting on small and medium businesses
- advises the minister on policies and programs designed to enhance employment and training skills across the whole of the Northern Territory and advise generally on employment and training initiatives
- responds to requests from the minister for input on identified business issues
- establishes specialist working groups to address specific business objectives or projects
- suggests alternative policy directions to the government and department
- provides feedback and guidance from industry to the minister on those issues of most importance to businesses in the Territory.
Rachel Beaumont-Smith is managing director of Darwin Harbour Cruises. She is chair of Tourism Top End and sits on the Domestic Commercial Vessel Industry Advisory Committee for Australian Maritime Safety Authorities.
Denys Stedman is managing partner of accountancy firm KPMG Darwin. He has a wealth of experience across many business sectors.
Jared Baldwin (Tennant Creek) is principal of Remote Concrete NT and Raw Materials NT
Steve Brouwer (Alice Springs) has business interests including property development, commercial property ownership and an airline catering company
Darren Clarke (Alice Springs) operates Alice Springs bakery Wicked Kneads, as well as Remote Food Solutions, which runs bakeries in remote Aboriginal communities
Bruce Fadelli AM (Darwin) is managing director of several Northern Territory family companies and has over 38 years of experience in business across the ASEAN region, particularly in Indonesia
Paul Graham (Alice Springs) leads construction company Asbuild NT
Karen Green (Darwin) has over 28 years of experience in chartered accountancy and has been a partner at Deloitte Darwin for 16 years
Arthur Hamilton (Darwin) is managing director and founder of ShoreLands Group Pty Ltd, which supplies specialised labour and equipment to the oil, gas and construction industries
Jason Elsegood (Darwin) is managing director and owner of Cross Cultural Consultants and IE Project, as well as Chair of the Northern Territory Indigenous Business Network
Michael Milatos (Darwin) is managing director of Cento Pty Ltd. which is responsible for several residential and commercial developments in the Northern Territory
Julie Newton (Katherine) is proprietor of The Top Saddlery, a manufacturing and retail business that has operated in Katherine since 1990
John Tourish (Nhulunbuy) owns Walkabout Lodge in Nhulunbuy and has interests in other hospitality venues in the Northern Territory
Giovanna Webb (Darwin) is the co-founder of Wildlife Management International, a company that provides leadership in sustainable primary production and commercialisation of crocodiles
Last updated: 13 October 2016