Regional economic development committees
The aim of the regional economic development committees (REDC) is to assist the region to grow its economic base by providing independent advice to the Northern Territory (NT) Government and other stakeholders on the regional development needs and priorities of the region.
There are four REDCs in the NT:
- Alice Springs - for the Central Australia region
- Tennant Creek - for the Barkly region
- Katherine - for the Big Rivers region
- Nhulunbuy - for the East Arnhem region.
Committees consist of at least five members including the chair. Local community members, non-government organisation representatives, local business people and local industry representatives may nominate for membership of the REDC. Where possible each REDC will include at least one member that represents the local government council in the region and Regional Development Australia NT.
Members are appointed by the Minister for Business and Innovation.
- Jamie De Brenni (Chair) - Alice Springs Town Council
- Chris Neck - Chris Neck Consulting
- Lyndon Frearson - Ekistica
- Neil McLeod - Deloittes
- Satnam (Sam) Singh - Dominos
- Damien Ryan - Regional Development Australia
- Nicole Walsh - Yeperenye
- Richie Hayes - Rocky Hill Table Grapes
- Mick Betteridge - Probuild
- Marli Banks - Afghan Traders
- Cliff Weeks - Department of the Chief Minister
- Bill Sankey - Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
- Representative from Industry Capability Network NT (ICN).
- Greg Marlow (Chair) - Marlow Canete and Associates
- Steve Baldwin - Remote Concrete NT and Outback Caravan Park
- Bob Bagnall - Bagnall Agencies
- Gavin Jones - Barkly Agencies
- Karan Hayward - Papulu Appar-Kari Language Centre
- Steven Edgington - Barkly Regional Council
- Steve Russell - Emmerson Resources
- Tony Civitarese - T&J Contractors
- Rick Holmberg - Linfox
- Jared Baldwin - Remote Concrete NT
- Steve Moore - Barkly Regional Council
- John Frith - Neutral Junction Station
- Jordan Jenkins - Tennant Creek Hotel
- Phil Richards - Northern Land Council.
- Fay Miller (Chair) - Katherine Town Council
- Rick Fletcher - Northern Land Council
- Kevin Grey - NT Technology
- Geoff Crowhurst - Katherine Mining Services
- Robert Jennings - Regional Development Australia
- Noel Hinschen - RAAF Tindal
- Sharon Hillen - Roper Gulf Regional Council
- Peter Lockhart - Industry Capability Network NT
- Andrew Phillip - NT Farmers
- Annabel Curtain - Tourism Leader
- Joanna Sangston - Victoria Daly Regional Council
- Toby George - Industry Leader.
- Klaus Helms (Chair) - Gumatj Aboriginal Corporation
- Banambi Wunungmurra - East Arnhem Regional Council
- Barayuwa Mununggurr - Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation
- David Suter - Chamber of Commerce Nhulunbuy NT
- Jeremy Kee - Miwatj Employment and Participation Ltd
- John Tourish - Walkabout Lodge
- Wanyubi Marika - Bunuwal Group
- Denise Fincham - Regional Development Australia
- Alison Mills - Nhulunbuy Corporation
- Craig Bonney - Northern Land Council
- Liam Flanigan - Arnhem Land Progress Association (ALPA)
- Harry Abrahams - Department of Prime Minister & Cabinet
- Jordy Bowman - Developing East Arnhem Land Limited
- Christine Burke - Dhimurru Aboriginal Corporation
- Sophie Szylkarsji - Rio Tinto
- Jim Rogers - Department of the Chief Minister.
If you would like to express your interest in joining one of the REDCs email email@example.com
Last updated: 05 June 2019