Production approach: GSP (P)
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics catalogue number 5220.0
Gross value added
In 2018-19, the gross value added of all industries was $26.1 billion, a decrease of 1.5% from the previous year.
The largest sectors in 2018-19 were:
- mining ($4.7 billion)
- public administration and safety ($3.3 billion)
- health care and social assistance ($1.7 billion)
- construction ($1.6 billion)
- education and training ($1.2 billion).
The fastest growing sectors in 2018-19 were:
- mining (46.4%)
- other services (7.8%)
- manufacturing (4.1%)
- healthcare and social assistance (1.1%)
- information, media and telecommunication services (0.8%).
The sectors that declined most were:
- construction (-46.6%)
- accommodation and food services (-15.0%)
- transport and postal services (-9.6%)
- rental, hiring and real estate services (‑6.5%).
In 2018-19, the major contributors to GSP growth were:
- mining (5.7 percentage points)
- manufacturing (0.1 percentage points)
- healthcare and social assistance (0.1 percentage points)
- other services (0.1 percentage points).
Last updated: 22 January 2020
Share this page: