Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
The Department of Trade, Business and Innovation was established on 12 September 2016 and is the NT Public Sector's coordinating agency for economic development.
With a vision for a strong vibrant economy for all Territorians, our mission is to drive private investment and create jobs. We are positioned to attract greater investment and trade opportunities to develop the north, enabling the advancement of a skilled and capable workforce and supporting business growth and sustainability.
The department has an annual budget of approximately $216 million and approximately 250 full-time equivalent employees in 2017-18, with a Territory-wide network of regional offices.
Our strategic plan
Strategic Directions 2017-2021 outlines our vision to make the NT a strong, vibrant economy for all Territorians and sets our purpose to drive opportunities to grow private investment and create jobs. We are actively working towards our goals to:
- connect business and government across industries and regions
- foster a culture of innovation in the Territory
- create a pipeline of investment
- grow local capacity and
- achieve excellence in our own business.
Our structure and executive team
Chief Executive Officer, Michael Tennant
Phone: (08) 8999 5204
Business and Workforce Capability and Growth, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Sibylle Brautigam
Phone: (08) 8999 7324
Business and Innovation NT, Jason Howe, Executive Director
Phone: (08) 8999 5218
- Offers assistance and grants to support business and not-for-profits to start.run.grow.
- Small Business Champions and Territory Business Centres provide support and information.
- Supports business and industry innovation.
- Coordinates Small Business Roundtables.
Workforce NT, Catherine White, Executive Director
Phone: (08) 8935 7708
- Offers grants and incentives to support employers in building our local workforce..
- Funds registered training organisations to deliver contemporary training programs to meet current and future employer needs.
- Supports NT employers to attract and retain skilled workers, including through MigrationNT.
Procurement NT, Vacant, Executive Director
Phone: (08) 8999 3840
- Administers whole-of-government procurement legislation, policy and procedures.
- Drives capability development across the NT Public Service.
- Provides strategic procurement advice to agencies and key external stakeholders.
- Provides operational procurement services, support and advice to client agencies.
- Provides support to the Procurement Review Board and the Buy Local Industry Advocate.
Northern Australian Development and Trade, General Manager, Luke Bowen
Phone: (08) 8999 6022
Office of International Engagement, Trade and Investment, Scott Wauchope, Executive Director
Phone: (08) 8946 9555
- Through InvestNT and TradeNT, facilitates new export opportunities and investment into the NT, creating jobs and broadening the economic base.
- Leads the NT’s international engagement to foster stronger diplomatic, cultural, sports and arts connections.
Economic, Industry and Regional Development, Jason Schoolmeester, Executive Director
Phone: (08) 8999 6099
- Through DefenceNT, coordinates the NT Government’s strategic engagement with Defence and other governments.
- StudyNT partners with education providers, businesses and the community to grow the international education and training sector.
- Provides a hub for business and industry involved in progressing development across Northern Australia.
Scott Lovett, Executive Director
Phone: (08) 8951 5780
- Coordinates regional and Aboriginal economic development activities.
- Works with industry to prepare for future economic opportunities.
Strategic Infrastructure and Projects, General Manager, Anne Tan
Phone: (08) 8999 6081
- Initiates, coordinates and facilitates private investment in major NT Government-led projects.
- Leads the NT Government’s coordination, facilitation and delivery of major private sector projects.
- Oversees the Major Project Status Policy Framework and facilitates delivery of private sector projects awarded Major Project Status.
- Leads the development and implementation of policies and processes which secure a transparent and accountable approach to NT Government infrastructure assessment, prioritisation and investment.
Strategic Services, Executive Director, Gail Humble
Phone: (08) 8999 1829
- Leads the department’s strategic policy development and its strategic communication efforts including coordination of events and sponsorships.
- Manages the department’s corporate services including people and capability, information and business systems, finance, general services, governance and performance.
Get a printable version of the organisational structure
To access previous annual reports email email@example.com or phone (08) 8999 1803.
Last updated: 05 March 2018