The Department of Trade, Business and Innovation was established on 12 September 2016 and is the Northern Territory (NT) Public Sector's coordinating agency for economic development.
With a vision for a strong vibrant economy for all Territorians, our mission is to drive private investment and create jobs. We are positioned to attract greater investment and trade opportunities to develop the north, enabling the advancement of a skilled and capable workforce and supporting business growth and sustainability.
The department has an annual budget of approximately $216 million and approximately 250 full-time equivalent employees in 2017-18, with a Territory-wide network of regional offices.
Our strategic plan
Strategic directions 2017-2021 outlines our vision to make the NT a strong, vibrant economy for all Territorians and sets our purpose to drive opportunities to grow private investment and create jobs. We are actively working towards our goals to:
- connect business and government across industries and regions
- foster a culture of innovation in the Territory
- create a pipeline of investment
- grow local capacity and
- achieve excellence in our own business.
View the full version of the strategic directions.
To access previous annual reports email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8999 1803.
- Minister for Northern Australia
- Minister for Trade and Major Projects
- Minister for Business and Innovation
- Minister for Defence Jobs and Veterans Affairs
Hon Selena Uibo - Minister for Workforce Training
Last updated: 16 July 2019